University of Arkansas Positions

Post-Doc Positions in Electrodynamics Modeling, Fabrication and Characterization

The following job opportunity has been forwarded to us from D. Keith Roper, Ph.D. at the University of Arkansas. Please contact him if interested.

I am looking for two post docs to maintain continuity and move research forward in my lab during the period my assignment at NSF. I attached the position announcements. Would you let me know if you are aware of anyone looking for a post doc that may be a good fit. Please feel free to forward the announcements.

Here’s a summary of the environment for the positions:

Significant opportunities for a post-doctoral fellow in my lab include:

• Location in new NANO building in Institute for Nanoscience and Engineering (nano.uark.edu)
  • Interaction with faculty, staff, researchers, and resources in College of Engineering, Fulbright College, and Microelectronics/Photonics Graduate Program
  • Mentor graduate researchers at Univ of Arkansas: ranked very high research activity by Carnegie Foundation
  • Support for travel to professional meetings

Current research in the lab include modeling, fabrication, and characterization in areas of:

• Nano/bio photonics relevant to health, sustainable energy, communications, and security
  • Plasmonics: electron-optics, thermoplasmonics, fabrication, characterization
  • Electrodynamics and transport modeling: FDTD, DDA, CDA, continuity
  • Nanocomposite metamaterials: metallic, polymer, oxide constituents

Thanks!
Keith
D. Keith Roper, Ph.D.
Director, Nano Bio Photonics Lab, University of Arkansas
Program Director, NSF ENG Engineering Education & Centers
dkroper -at- uark.edu
ph (703) 292-8769
fax (703) 282-9051
http://comp.uark.edu/~dkroper/