Effective July 1st, 2017, the Utah Nanofab and Surface Analysis Labs implemented new billing rates:
- On-Campus rates are subsidized by the Dean, College of Engineering and the University Vice President for Research.
Overnight unattended runs are to be scheduled as follows:
- For the FIB: 5:00pm to 8:00am
- For the SEM MAPS software: 5:00pm to 8:00am
- For Cleanroom tools (Disco Dicing Saws, Heidelbergs, STS Etcher): 5:00pm to 8:00am
Nanofab Cleanroom Billing Model (see rate sheet)
The following aspects of the billing system apply to U of U campus projects
- A monthly per-student, per-project spending cap (see rate sheet for details)
- Costs recovered by tool usage and tool reservations only
- Charges are per hour and vary by tool (set by the costs of operating that tool)
- Lithography charges are simplified per coating event, where the event charge includes all coat/develop/alignment and wet etch costs for that instance.
- No gowning or daily entry fees
- No billable cost for use of small tools and metrology instruments in the cleanroom
- Free (trained) safety buddies promote safe 24/7 lab utilization
Automation enables easy real-time access to all current spending reports for any lab, any student researcher, or any month the following for all lab members and PI’s on a project.
The design goals of this approach supporting (VPR and COE) subsidized on-campus users additionally include:
- Infrequent users benefit from lower hourly tool rates, per-tool
- Moderate and heavy users benefit from a spending cap correlated to heavy use months
Current rates are available at Our Supply Rates Page.
Rates are subject to change.